[CF List] race, profession, guild & titles

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruznet.com
Fri Jul 20 17:38:08 CDT 2001

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Chachkoff Yann wrote:

      It is a feature most players like to play with. It may just be a little

      useless toy, but since most people like it and because it does not require

      lots of resources, I suppose letting it would not harm. It also solves the

      debate : I want it / Remove it; so we can still have the nickname system for

      those that find it fun to use alongside with a complex title system used for

      guild entries, quests, etc.

 Makes sense.  Presumably, you will want to make it clear what is the
title the character has chosen, and what titles the character has earned.
So if you get the title of 'retriever of the kings crown' for some
quest, and a player decides to 'title' himself with that, it would
be clear what title is really his and what is effectively a
nickname.

      Of course, it is obvious. That's why I suggested a "title" command, so they

      are not displayed unless you really want to know what they are (much like the

      list of known spells).

 Presumably, examining another player (via clicking on them) would show
you all the titles they may have.  I suppose also that if we allow
characters to build monuments, the monument may list their titles.

 Otherwise, other than cosmetic/fun, do multiple titles have any real efect?
I suppose you could have checkers check the characters title, but
presuming they got the title from some source, just as easy to add
an invisible object that contains the title as well as key for the
inventory checker.

 All in all, this is probably not a hard thing to do, and probably no
big reason not to do it.  OTOH, if this is a feature most people
don't care about or look at, there is then the question if it worth doing
at all.