[CF-Devel] client issues

Preston Crow crow at bear.cs.dartmouth.edu
Thu Mar 22 09:57:37 CST 2001

      If you are carrying two identical items, but only one is identified, and

      you then identify the other item (using a skill, and possibly using a

      spell--I haven't tested that), then the items merge.  This is to be

      expected.  Unfortunately, the client leaves one of the old items in the

      inventory.  There is no way to get rid of this phantom item, other than to

      reset via a bed to reality.

      The items don't merge on identification - I just tried this.  Now they may

     merge in some scenarios, but I need more information on what you are doing to do

     this.

      IF you drop the newly identified item, and pick it up, they merge them but that

     all seems to work properly.

Items do merge on identification, but the client isn't notified.

Try this:

Pick up a bunch of unidentified arrows.  Get rid of all but one stack, so
you know they're all the same.  Drop one arrow.  Move to another square.
Apply the bowyer skill to identify the one in your inventory.  Move over
and pick up the other arrow.  Identify it with your bowyer skill.  You'll
see no change in your inventory, but if you do a dropall, you'll see that
they did merge, as one is left in your inventory.

I guess that makes it a server issue.

--PC