[CF-Devel] Compile problems

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Wed Mar 28 00:01:38 CST 2001

 The crossfire configure scripts looks for sys/time.h, and if it finds it,
includes it (this is done in include/includes.h)  This seems to work on most all
systems.

 Now if gnu/linux only has a include/time.h and not a include/sys/time.h, that
would be the cause of the problem.  It is actually fairly easy to modify the
configure and include/includes.h file to deal with this properly.  I would just
like for this to be confirmed and not just that configure for whatever reason
did not properly detect the sys/time.h file.

"H. S. Teoh" wrote:

      I had problems compiling crossfire on my machine: the build breaks at

      server/c_misc.c with some syntax errors. It seems that it was missing an

      #include <time.h> ?

      I'm running Debian GNU/Linux, latest glibc. I'm not sure if this is a

      problem with the CF source per se, or just due to the fact that struct tm

      is only defined in /usr/include/time.h on Linux (I seem to remember other

      systems having struct tm elsewhere as well). Or I might've misconfigured

      the ./configure step?

      Adding in an #include <time.h> seems to fix it. Just thought I'd mention

      this in case it's a real bug.

      This sentence is false.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com