[CF-Devel] new directx client 1.16

Michael Toennies michael.toennies at nord-com.net
Wed Mar 21 18:20:46 CST 2001

Direct Client 1.16 is out now.

I fixed a bug with the png transparency loading.

As i try some out in the last versions with png loading, i forget
a code line in the loader, so it don't handle a special palette
index situation right.

This is fixed now.

Notice, that the dx client reads in gray color (which uses alpha mask for
transparency)
and alpha masks with transparency, but the client don't show the
transparency right.

Thats because in future the png loader is changed, so it tranfers the alpha
mask in a
native format to directX or openGL.

For true color pngs the client handles all pixel with the RGB value 0 as
transparent,
so its IS possible to use true color pngs  with transparency- even without
alpha mask.

Perhaps the unix client can handle this too, then we have a easy transparent
format for
true color.

** Notice that even the Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer have
problems to handle all
true color pngs with alpha mask and 8bit alpha masks too. Both are counted
from png host as not
100% compatible. **