[cf-admin] How stable is 1.0?

Olle Viksten olle at viksten.com
Sat May 26 09:58:08 CDT 2001

fredagen den 25 maj 2001 06:23 wrote Mark Wedel:

       I have yet to here time the crossfire server has crashed the entire server

      machine.  I'm presuming you are running on unix - if running under windows,

      then a lot depends on how good that OS is.

       the server process does periodically crash, but doesn't take anything else

      down with it.

       As for bandwidth - a lot depends on number of players.  More players

      obvioiusly equals more bandwidth.  I don't think we have any really good

      numbers right now, but hopefully with the improved reporting capabilities

      to the metaserver that I just added to CVS, some better numbers can be

      determined.

It's up and running. It took me a litle less than one hour. No major problems
just some stupidity on my part. It's on folkvang.freja.net the usual port and
it showed up in the gtk client even when I had loged off the server.

BTW. Folkvang is the name of the place where the Nordic godess Freja lives,
hence the name.

Olle Viksten