[CF-Devel] destroying barrels

Preston Crow crow at bear.cs.dartmouth.edu
Tue May 1 11:16:56 CDT 2001

In the recent discussion concerning destroying boulders and barrels, I was
surprised to learn that you are supposed to be able to destroy barrels.  Is
this right?  I can't seem to do it.  I've tried using several different
weapons with different attack types, and it always tells me that I miss.
I've tried fireballs.  What works?

In particular, it seems that you must destroy a barrel for a critical step
in getting the white dragon shield.  (I'm avoiding details to avoid
spoilers.)

So one of the following must be true:

 * You can destroy barrels, and I'm just not doing it right.
 * You should be able to destroy barrels, but the code is broken.
 * There is another way to get to that square that I've missed.
 * The map is broken.

Can someone tell me which one it is?

--PC