[CF-Devel] polymorph

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Fri May 11 01:29:35 CDT 2001

Sean Michael Whipkey wrote:

      Philipp Currlin wrote:

      > I do now want these monsters in low-level maps killing newbies because of

      > some idiot....

      We noticed that too on our server.  We actually used it to practice

      against tough monsters, but you seemed extremely likely to make

      something obscenely powerful out of the kobolds in the Beginner's

      Area...

 It has been suggested that polymorph gets removed all together - I don't really
like that.

 It seems that if a high level player wants to make things difficult, they can
probably always do that (I can think of at least a few other things that may
cause player difficulty).

 Perhaps one thing to do, which may make it fairer, is to make sure the
transformed monster is within some number of levels of the original (ie, ±5
levels for example?)

 This would also reduce the usefulness some of polymorph tough monsters to get
some quest item or the like.