[CF-Devel] acid and repairing of weapons

Peter Mardahl peterm at tonks.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Sat May 12 21:55:22 CDT 2001

Regarding repairs of equipment, I truly think it's just another
hassle, and won't be particularly fun.

However, I can live with it if the hassle is kept to a minimum.
But what happens if you DON'T repair your items?  Do they fail
on you in the field, probably causing your death?  Not good.

I don't think it can be realistically made to address the problem
of overgenerosity.

Requiring too much money for repairs won't be *any* fun, because
players will have to do low-level no-risk maps for money collection.

Requiring too little (even 1% too little) will give players more
than enough spare resources to donate to lower-level players,
after a while.

PeterM