[CF-Devel] acid and repairing of weapons

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Sun May 13 16:47:55 CDT 2001

Sean Michael Whipkey wrote:

      That's completely true.  I have one player on my server who refuses to

      fight certain creatures because they aren't worth his time, in his words

      - he'll only fight certain maps, over and over, to get the XP.

      Of course, I noticed I get more for goblins than gnolls, and I'm not

      certain that's right...then again, I'm at my highest level yet (level

      21), so I'm still figgerin' stuff out. :)

 The problem is that this is very tricky to do right.

 I have two different characters, roughly the same level.  One is a troll
barbarian, the other a human paladin.

 Even though the have roughly the same items, the religion they have is
different.  The troll barbarian would have a very tough time going through the
wyvern quest, for example, as even the dragon armor/shield, he has fire res of
30%.  For the human, that quest is no problem, as his resistance to fire due to
items and gods is in the 80+% range.

 Given that case, how can you ever really make things fair?  The exp value for
wyverns for one character may actually be too high for the ease he has of
killing them, but for the other, they are very difficult monsters.

 That not to say that there are not problems out there.  ITs just hard to say
what is really a fair exp value, as perceived difficulty can vary greatly from
character to character.