Transportation objects (Was: Re: [CF-Devel] Future crossfire changes/projects)

Philipp Currlin Philipp.Currlin at t-online.de
Wed May 16 12:24:31 CDT 2001

      I don't see *that* much a problem with abuses. For example, if we allowed

      boats to cross water, the player might be able to reach places impossible

      to reach before; however, if we wanted to *prevent* that, we can simply

      add rough waters or deep waters that the player cannot cross safely (or

      cannot cross at all). Ditto with flying objects, such as riding dragons,

      we can have very high mountains with strong winds that prevent the player

      from crossing them.

I could think of adding either a completely new floor-tile here, or modifying
the existing ones to something like:
allow_horses 1
allow_dragons 1
or similar on water:
allow_boat 1

Then it would be up to the mapmaker if transports were allowed. And we
wouldn't have to modify the maps. Then players could "carry" their transports
around but wouldn't be able to use them unless that was allowed on the
particular map/tile.
Especially on a new world map with much larger dimensions I think
transports would be really nice.

Phil