[CF-Devel] Crossfire standard text DRAFT

Mike Ponicki sniper at citilink.com
Wed May 16 19:13:35 CDT 2001

How about this? I made a couple small modifications:

----------
Crossfire

Crossfire is graphical, multi-user, 2D tile-based RPG (role playing game)
similar to Ultima Online, Everquest, Moria, Angband, Omega, Nethack,
Rogue, Gauntlet, and MUDs. The bulk of the game is based on predefined
maps, however some areas are randomly generated. It can be played under
Windows 95/98/ME and Linux.

Version 1.0.0 is the first public release intended for wide-spread
distribution.

Offical website:

     http://crossfire.real-time.com/

Sourcforge page:

     http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/crossfire/

IRC Channel    : #crossfire on irc.openprojects.net

I know saying it can be played under "linux" is vague, but I think saying
"X11" will go right over the heads of the majority of gamers (which are,
by and large, windows users and have never heard of X), and those are
really the people we should really be after if we want Crossfire to ever
get popular.

-Sniper

     sniper at citilink.com