[CF-Devel] Future crossfire changes/projects

Sean Michael Whipkey highway at cstone.net
Thu May 17 22:28:32 CDT 2001

gros wrote:

      Change: Isometric graphics ('Diablo-like' point of view).

      -Details: The current Crossfire graphics may be nice, there are still many

      players that simply find them 'outdated'. Isometric graphics may help

      Crossfire to be up-to-date with today's game standards.

      -Pros: May improve interest in the game, no longer seen as 'outdated'. No

      major changes in the server are needed.

      -Cons: The entire tileset would have to be redrawn. New client graphics

      handling needed to support isometric view.

As others have said, I don't think this is necessarily an improvement.
A number of us who play it here at UVA (as you may have gathered, it has
quite the cult following in our ITC department) would be turned off by
changes like that.

Our players bitched enough when we upgraded to .98 from .95.1.  They
didn't want disease and all that.  Upgrades that drastically altered the
look/feel of the game would probably keep us from upgrading the server,
or even find something different to waste taxpayer's dollars with...

SeanMike