[CF-Devel] Future crossfire changes/projects

Scott Barnes reeve at ductape.net
Fri May 18 08:40:50 CDT 2001

On 17 May 2001 21:50:59 -0700, Mark Wedel wrote:

      Sean Michael Whipkey wrote:

      > It'd also encourage players to save more, especially if the characters

      > got fatigues if they didn't "sleep".  Then again, how would you handle

      > sleep?  I like to play all day at work (hey, I work for the state) and

      > would hate it if I had to not play for a while so my character rested.

       I think that is the biggest problem.

      The fact that the game is real-time means that you just can't spin the clock

      forward to the next morning when the characters sleep.

       Now there could be advantages to resting - ie, if your sleeping in a bed,

      perhaps you don't see your surroundings, but your hp and sp go up faster.  OTOH,

      in many cases, it goes up so quickly that it probably would not be worth finding

      a place to sleep.

       Now you could do something a little different but related - certain races get

      penalties/bonuses depending on time of day.  wraiths would not like to be

      outdoors during the day, so have some negative.  This could get related to other

      factors - dwarves would just not like to be outdoors, but would like to be

      underground, elves the reverse of that, etc.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

That would be great!  You could also have area changes (faster food
consuption if you're in the desert, etc)  I think this would be a
wonderful improvement.

-- --
Reeve the cat
----BEGIN FORTUNE----
Men use thought only to justify their wrong doings, and speech only to
conceal their thoughts.
                -- Voltaire
----END FORTUNE----