[Re: [CF-Devel] Future of Crossfire]

gros yann.chachkoff at mailandnews.com
Tue May 22 07:25:54 CDT 2001

Le Lundi 21 Mai 2001 19:25, vous avez écrit :

      On Mon, 21 May 2001, DAVID DELBECQ wrote:

      > ------------------------------------>

      > You say you don't want iso because you don't have time to create iso

     (...)

      I fear that would look really crap dude. Firstly any general scale looks

      crap (see old standard set pngs.. ), secondly half of the images wont fit

      the 32 x 32 rectangle.

     I don't understand what you mean with "half of the images won't fit the 32x32
rectangle". Maybe I was a little naïve, but I thought the iso pictures should
be bigger than 32x32, (at least higher than that), to allow "high" monsters
like cyclops. I've put a small example of what I try to say with this e-mail.

      Umm I assume you mean crap. Much of my work has disappeared through time,

      but it is doing the work that counts in the long run. I hear lots of talk

     (...)

That discussion may be very interesting from a philosophical point of view
I'll put the questions no one truly asked for until now:

1 - Are there people interested to create an iso-set on crossfire ? How they
want it to be (technical or artistical point of view) does not matter. If
there are volunteers ready to get involved in this, please let the others
know.
2 - Are there people interested in developing a "better-looking" client (I
admit this is somewhat vague, but I consider commercial games like Diablo or
Baldur's Gate as references for the interface) ? If yes, then tell it and
begin the work.

The discussion about those subjects could continue Ad Vitam Aeternam; lots of
ideas are certainly a good thing, but I think we nearly emptied the subject
here. It does not matter if some people don't see iso or new client as
priorities. Not all people working around Crossfire must work on every part
being developed. I know that not everyone knows C or is a good drawer, but if
we endlessly discuss of the pros/cons without having even tried to do
something, we'll never go  anywhere.

Chachkoff Y.