[CF-Devel] poisoning

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Nov 6 00:40:55 CST 2001

David Hurst wrote:

      Hi ya again,

      just been playing around with gnarg and I have found that weapons blessed by him, although gaining (poison) do not actually poison. I am not sure whether it is this specific case or just poisoning on weapons in general but it is fairly annoying. Anyone see any obvious problems? want me to do further testing?

 This should now work - I'm not positive if you are reporting the same bug in
bugzilla, which you don't get experience for monsters that you kill via poisoned
weapons (the poisoned kill them).  I made a simple poisoned weapon, and the
creatures were getting poisoned, just you weren't getting experience until the
fix below (now in CVS):

common/object.c: Modify copy_owner so that if a player is passed in
   as the object to copy, we properly set that player as the owner of the
   object instead of returning.  This fixes the lack of exp when poison
   inflicted from a weapon kills something.  MSW 2001-11-05