[CF-Devel] 2x2 - Avatars

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Thu Nov 8 23:41:52 CST 2001

David Hurst wrote:

      Okay, regardless of your opinions I have posted a few updates to convert all the 2x2 avatars to 1x1 avatars. The 3 are:

      Gaea: Ent -> Panther

 May be beter to have made this one of the small trees?  Or even just shrink
down a big ent into a single space monster just to keep appearances the same?

      This is for two reasons, firstly because they sucked and secondly because they were broken (or at least were on my server). Don't be alarmed, I have kept a full backup of the gods. If or when the bug is found, or it is found that my update is wrong, I will fix them np's.

 Yeah - I recall previous discussions that multi part archetypes really suck.
One reason being that so many maps are only single space wide (which suck for
other reasons).

      In terms of changes I have edited the animation and face and _reduced their hp by half_. This means:

      Gaea: 1000 -> 500

      Ruggilli: 650 -> 400 (not half, but that avatar really sucked)

      Gnarg: 1000 -> 500

      Leaf if no one no one wants this changed back please update the webpage.

 Note that I think some playbalance on the gods was related to how good/bad the
avatars were.  So at some level, all the avatars do not need to be equal - if
some gods have really good higher level spells, the need for a good avatar is
dimished.

      ps. Any thoughts on making fire repelled on wraiths? denied does make it very difficult, perhaps even attuning it to cold?

 At some level, it is a player choice what race/class to choose.  Wraith is
definately one of those more special classes - at some level, I would prefer to
have some things more difficult just to make life a little more varied.