[CF-Devel] Suggestion.

Tim Rightnour root at garbled.net
Sat Nov 17 00:52:48 CST 2001

On 17-Nov-01 Mark Wedel wrote:

       I had a fairly long discussion with garbled last night on this topic, so

      rather

      than responding on specific points, let me put out the proposed idea.

I'll just respond to a few minor points.

       My personal thought is that if you rainful in areas, you can determine where

      rivers may be (eg, you can figure out how much water accumulates on a space,

Note that this means rivers will have a direction of travel.  Theoretically, a
boat placed on a river could be given momentum.

       The advantages of this approach:

     4) every server has the ability to be totally unique with regards to the world
layout.

5) A server can choose the size of his map, anywhere from vast to tiny.

6) Eventually, more complex things can be added, such as actual moving rivers,
the concept of special herbs or flowers that only grow in specific climates.
Priest spells that affect the weather.

Most of this doesn't have to happen right away either.  It can all be slowly
added once the basic engine is in place.

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net

NetBSD: Free multi-architecture OS