[CF-Devel] New Dragon Pic

David Hurst dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Thu Nov 22 19:56:47 CST 2001

      It's a good picture.. I can't say anything bad about it.  But I wonder if

      perhaps the license is a bit draconian.  Are those lisc. terms acceptable to

      the project?  (I actually don't know.. I'm still kinda new here)

I can't see anything wrong with them. Of course if someone takes that image, and we discover it somewhere else a quick warning email is all it would probably take to remind them. It is of course the image owners privledge it put on it the license and while it may not exactly be GPL'd I don't see a problem with it.

      Personally speaking, seeing the number of images we umm.. appropriate from

      other free games, it would be kinda rude to say back to them that ours are

      protected.  But thats just my opinon.. if nobody else cares.. then thats the

      last you will ever hear of this from me.

Mmm, actually we don't take many images at all from other games. i can think of only a few, most are taken from artist sets, who specifically say 'these are free to use by anyone as long as my name is put in the credits' type stuff. Of course that fact that we still don't have a list of artists included is probably important at this point ;).

dnh