[CF-Devel] New project ?

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sat Nov 24 15:50:37 CST 2001

Yann Chachkoff wrote:

      >You have no way to save

      >your game, or get out of wherever you are.. you are just stuck, and it sucks.

      Add >to that the ability in crossfire to die, and then re-die over and over to

      root at garbled.net

      mmm...

      How do you suggest to solve that ? Can you inform us a little please ?

 I thought there was already something so that you would not die of starvation
on a savebed space, which in general should be where you appear when you die?

 This does not help out if you have no food around, and can not get food soon
enough (eg, to a shop).

 Now in the case of the apartments at least, some of this can be solved by the
player - put a pile of food next to your savebed.  I do notice that if you died
of starvation, you come back with 900 food.  But this doesn't help if you die
from one thing (eg, spells), have 20 food left when you re-appear and have
nothing near by.  That check should probably be something like if food is less
than 200, give them 900 food (or maybe just in all cases).  Death is already
painful, so its not like giving them 900 food is any sort of a bonus.