[CF-Devel] GTK client

David Hurst dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Sun Nov 25 00:35:59 CST 2001

Look Scott or whoever recently has modified the GTK client. After Scott's last commit my client is broken. mids has already posted a bug report but this is getting out of hand. While I know the CVS is meant for developmental code, there is currently NO GTK client that works with the cvs. The old client 1.0.0 doesn't support the metaserver or something and gives:
ReadPacket got an error.: Bad file descriptor
ReadPacket got an error.: Bad file descriptor
ReadPacket got an error.: Bad file descriptor

The cvs gives:
4629        gcw = gdk_char_width(gtk_rc_get_style(gtkwin_root)->font, '0') + 4;
when run through gdb.

It is unacceptable that a change is made and when a bug found is not fixed within the week. I cannot continue with any of my CF development until the client is fixed. It is holding up my work, and wasting time.

On a secondary note, crossedit is falling to bits. the attributes command no longer works so you can't edit any of the map size attributes or similar. This to is holding up my work. As debian currently doesn't have a decent java package, and I choose not to install unsupported packages (it kinda voids the whole point of debian if I do), it leaves me with no choice. Is there going to be some work on crossedit or a new editor coming out within the end of the year?

it is tiresome that alot of projects are posted on this list. For what reasons I can only guess, but it makes life harder than it could be =).

dnh