[CF List] Gnarg

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Oct 23 00:50:54 CDT 2001

Andreas Vogl wrote:

      This bug has been known for a good while, but nobody could come

      up with a fix yet. I suspect it might be related to this old

      stats-glich in the monster code: When a monster applies any piece

      of equipment, it's stats get replaced by those from the default arch

      or sth. (See below)

 This is difficult to fix, because no record is made of the changed attributes
(in the map file) the monster has.  However, there are several perfectly good
workarounds:

1) Clear the can_use_... flags for the creature.  If desired, the attributes of
the monster can be pre-adjusted for equipment the creature has or may have (ie,
increased damage, ac, armor, etc).

2) put a force object into the creatures inventory that holds the improved
protections.  I'm not positive of all the settings the force object will need
(presumably, you want to make sure it does not expire like normal spells)  This
is probably the best method, but makes it a little harder to see the final
results the monster will have.