[CF List] mapmaking problem

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Oct 30 00:27:01 CST 2001

Kimmo Hoikka wrote:

      It seems to teleport spells now, in some maps it is possible to burn

      items in a shop with firespells for example. The problem is when you

      have trapdoors leading into some place in the map where is a teleporter

      for example. The player can cast earth walls on top of the trapdoor and

      the walls fill up the teleporter so the player does not drop into a

      trapdoor after that. Actually after that the player gets transported

      into some other trapdoor that is available in the map...

 Teleporters and trapdoors are different objects.  Yes, teleports will transport
spells.  I do not think trapdoors will.

 Your point with earthwalls is valid.  I'm not sure the best way to deal with
that - other than to specifically code that earthwalls do not get moved (which
may not be terrible), I can't think of a clean way to do it by object attributes
without breaking some maps (as I know some do use trapdoors with boulders on top
to get a single use trigger)