[CF-Devel] more alchemy formulae

Tim Rightnour root at garbled.net
Wed Apr 10 03:07:37 CDT 2002

On 10-Apr-02 Mark Wedel wrote:

        Has anything been done to make the formulas more accessible to the players

      (characters)?  From my playing experience, if you try to do it honestly (find

      formula within the game), it seems next to impossible to get much in the way

      of

      a set of formulas to make anything.

Why not make the books containing formulae more common in treasure piles, or
less costly in bookstores?

Personally.. I'd like it if those books had a purpose.  Say for example, you
have a recipie book.  When you get a formulae, you can use your writing skill
and literacy to transcribe the recepie into your book.  Then the players have a
nice little reference available to them for future alchemy use.  In addition,
if you ready the book, and it contains the recepie you are attempting, it gives
you a bonus.

Maybe it could also automatically attempt to write down anything you discover
by fiddling.

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net