[CF List] Map reset time (was: New To Crossfire)

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Wed Apr 17 05:57:04 CDT 2002

My opinion is that we should not significantly lower reset times.

Some maps are easier than others, eventually even "too easy"
compared to the rest. Those get cleared out first, then they are empty.
That is only fair IMO - it helps to rebalance the impact of such maps.

Players are not supposed to keep repeating the same maps all over
and over again. My favourite maps being cleared out has frequently led
me to explore new areas. In the end, this often turned out to be a lot
more fun than repeating my old, well-known maps.

Besides, it is a fact that about 90% of the players spend 90% of their time
in a 10% area of the crossfire world. No wonder that they face cleared-
out maps! There are a lot of excellent maps with get hardly ever played
just because they are somewhat further away from the common places.
And if anyone thinks there are too few maps to play, then maybe it's just
time for that person to sit down and design a bunch of new ones. :-)

Andreas

     http://www.gmx.net