[CF List] Experience Categories

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Fri Apr 26 14:46:53 CDT 2002

      > Create a way to sing or steal monsters to death.

      Hopefully that is meant as a joke. I was with you all the

      way up to that point.

LOL, of course this was meant as a joke! ;)
I hope nobody would ever seriously want to implement
what I have written in those last lines.

      Your suggestions on better integrating skills into the game are

      some of the best ideas I've seen here in a long time.  The

      archetypes should allow specifying stealing, singing and hiding

      resistance levels.  That would allow a mapmaker to put items needed

      for solving a dungeon on a powerful monster that is vulnerable to

      stealing or being pacified.  And a mapmaker could make the monsters

      in a particular dungeon have extra difficulty seeing hidden players.

Yes, this is exactly what I had in mind.

      Special skills do not require special maps.  It does require

      existing maps are adjusted when applicable.  Pirates in a drinking

      area should be particularly vulnerable to singing and oratory.

That's true. Modifying existing maps is fine and makes a lot
of sense in this case.

Andreas