[CF-Devel] CFEditor cleaning up

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Fri Aug 2 06:10:17 CDT 2002

Bob Tanner wrote:

      Hate to bring up an old thread and fresh flamewar, but I did the

      same thing, but AV rejected my commit.

I don't want to go into that either, but I have
to explain what I have done and why (again, it seems).

You, Bob Tanner, had made a lot of serious changes and
*commited* them without asking. You had not done any
work on the JavaEditor before, so you had no kind of do-it-myself-
authority on the project.

Among other things you had screwed up the entire code
layout by wrongfully replacing tabs with spaces and you
were unable to repair it properly.

These two points alone completely justify my removal of
your cvs commit.

      > > - Resources included in jar

      This code was all in CVS at one time. Again, I believe AV didn't

      accept the commits.

You had coded 3 lengthy methods to include only the
"typenumbers.def" file in the jar. It was specialized code
that would have to be written again for any other resource
file. And it was broken too - threw an exception when
run under certain circumstances.

I have recoded this in a general approach with the
"CFileReader" class, working for all text-resource files.

You had also done something to load images from the jar,
but this refused to work at least on my systems.

      > > - Separating the PNG support from the CFEditor code.

      Yep, "fixed" this issue as well.

At your time, the sixlegs package was not compatible
because they didn't free allocated memory properly.

Andreas

     http://www.gmx.net