[CF-Devel] CFEditor cleaning up

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Tue Aug 6 03:35:57 CDT 2002

      I want to say sorry for my overall aggressivness. [...]

      It's better to calm down the discussion.

Yes, it's a good idea so I'm gonna calm down too. :-)

I believe we can still find an agreement on this stuff.
Of course you should expect that some of your ideas
won't make it. I know this can hurt, as Darth Bob has
pointed out - but that's the price for having agreements
and co-development rather than flamewars and split-branches.
In return, I also might have to give up some of my concepts.

You have proposed a lot of changes which are not
all dependant on each other. Hence, if it is too hard to
find an agreement on the whole thing, we might just do
it step by step.

To start with, I'll name those of your proposed changes
which I do like on the whole:

o Moving all .java sources into a "scr" directory.
o Replacing the sixlegs png source code with the latest
  jar library.
o Including the possibility to load image files (resources)
  from the jar.
o Having two different distributions: One for developers,
  one for mapmakers.
o Including build files in a way that they are most easily
  to support and update when needed.

I'm not completely against those things which
I have left out. I just think those might be harder to
implement or get an agreement on.

Andreas

     http://www.gmx.net