[CF-Devel] libtool with plugins

Kurt Fitzner kf_bulk at excelcia.org
Sat Aug 31 14:03:37 CDT 2002

I'm wondering if anyone has thought to use libtool to compile the shared
object file for plugins.  The problem with the current setup is that it is
extremely Linux-centric.  Other platforms don't necesarily use .so as the
share object name.  I'm also not sure why Linux doesn't barf on the fact that
libcross.a isn't made up of position-independant object files.

If someone hasn't done this yet, or isn't currently working on it, I'll be
happy to make a patch that will make it more platform-independant.

        Kurt.