[CF List] Multiple resistance objects don't add up...

Christoph Bergemann mathwizard at gmx.de
Sun Aug 11 19:25:02 CDT 2002

Hi,

      Why is it that things like this happen:

      Ring armor +24 (worn)

      Ring armor +25 (worn)

      Does not equal armor +49?

I haven't looked it up in the code, nor have I calculated if my theory is
right, but it seems as if basically first one ring draws damage and then
the other, thus from the damge dealt to you 25% get subtracted and from
the resulting damage another 24% are subtracted. It is obvious then that
this is less than 49%.

Regards,
  Christoph Bergemann

--
  "Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards,
    for they are subtle and quick to anger."