[CF-Devel] Official location of maps?

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Thu Feb 14 22:56:49 CST 2002

Bob Tanner wrote:

      More issues with locations.

      A clean check out from cvs and I get this in my logs:

      Trying to load map /usr/games/crossfire/share/crossfire/maps/HallOfSelection.

      Can't open /usr/games/crossfire/var/crossfire/maps/HallOfSelection

      Can't open overlay /usr/games/crossfire/var/crossfire/maps/HallOfSelection

      Where are the maps support to be located?

 The share directory is the proper location.  the var is used for the overlay.
The messages about 'can't open' should really be removed, because it is not an
error (or even worth debugging) if your not able to load an overlay map.

 I need to talk to Tim about this sometime, but as I've thought about it, if the
overlay maps are used, the general purpose unique item maps should go away (they
duplicate purpose).  The per play unique maps would need to be handled the same
way as they are now, but for those maps, an overlay should never be used.