[CF-Devel] The Java Client

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Sat Feb 16 12:03:05 CST 2002

Hi Isak Styf,

I am very happy about your effort to revive the Java Client.
The Windows client is currently kinda lacking support, so maybe
a Java Client might become handy for Win- (and of course Mac-) users.

I'm pretty sure Phil is going to like your work. Maybe you could join
up somehow and roll out a new "official" Java Client release...

What I noticed from your screenshot is that you seem to have
problems with some pngs not being displayed correctly.
I have coded a lot for the Crossfire Java Editor and this problem
is very familiar to me. I assume you did use the default Java methods
to load pngs? While using these, I had the same problems with the editor.
Applying an "external" png library fixed the problem for me. I use the
sixlegs png library <

     http://www.sixlegs.com/software/png/

     >.
It's the only png lib I found which is free, GPLed and working.

Java rules, ;o)

Andreas V.

PS.: Another small question: Where did you get a Java2 SDK for MacOS?
      I know someone here who is searching for that...

     http://www.gmx.net