[CF-Devel] new quetzal (dragon) race

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Tue Feb 26 17:23:22 CST 2002

      > Sorry but I really would like to use the Quetzal-race for this.

      > My scheme ("dragon skin" and all that) is designed for dragons.

      > And I don't want two dragon races that work *completely* different.

      Well, how about if you change the Quetzalcoatl image?  It really

      ought to be a bird-snake image anyway.  Just changing the image

      won't seriously affect anyone's gameplay.

Hm okay, I can change the quetzal's image and the race
(to animal, or reptile). Then call the new thing "dragon" directly
and the old thing remains being called quetzal.

Only problem: I need a new quetzal-image to do that.
I would draw it if I could, but I'm afraid a birdlike snake
is way byond my skills.

      Not every race has to be equal in potentiality to

      every other.  It's perfectly fine to create races with handicaps,

      such as fireborn, Q's and Wraiths.  It might piss some people

      off after they find out the ultimate price they paid for their

      early advantages, but that's the game.

What you say is true and I agree. But the bad thing about the old
Quetzal is that players used it to run through certain fire-maps and
grab a few artifacts for their other, "real" character.

But okay, I admit it's not that critical.
If I had an image for it, I'd do what you asked for.

Andreas