[CF-Devel] 1.1.0 client patches by Edgar

Joris Bontje jbontje at suespammers.org
Wed Jan 9 07:12:34 CST 2002

Today I tried the patches from Edgar Toernig <

     froese at gmx.de

     > for the 1.1.0 client,
so far I could test it works fine. After the second patch it compiles fine
under both FreeBSD and Linux.

I did a quick code review, as far as I could see there were no style violations
or other strange things. Edgar made a lot of security fixes that prevent bufferoverflow
problems (I think) and fixed some bad layout.
The only thing I am not sure of is the SOL_TCP fix that he did in the second part.
It works, but is doing this with ifdef's the best way?

I vote for putting this in CVS after a more formal review from one of out C experts.

Regards,
Joris Bontje / mids
--
Gpg Key: Id=0xF19326A9 /

     http://mids.student.utwente.nl/~mids/jbontje.pub

Key fingerprint = 730D 9B3A F406 F28A 957D 6397 31E8 6D4C F193 26A9