[CF-Devel] Re: Suggestions

Todd Mitchell temitchell at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 1 13:20:14 CDT 2002

I do like the idea of different starting locations, especially since this
will somewhat offset the aformentioned problem of having the maps used up so
quickly.  Having three or four starting towns and loosly arraying the maps
in expanding zones of greater difficulty around them would be very useful in
my opinion.  Adding in wilderness encounters would also spice this up.
There are always ships and caravans to traverse the wild safely for a price.
Having players from different 'home towns' could be further leveraged by
creating citizen papers and adjusting the costs of good and services higher
when players visiting other locals (perhaps using some modification of the
charisma/barter mechanics) of course you could always purchase citizen
papers for other locals....  and some cities would have unique
services...Players could possibly have their citizenship revoked by a city
for crimes...
Of course you would need more maps, especially of the Scorn nobility type.
Laying the ground work for this would be good to do in conjunction with the
world maps changes that are being done.