[CF-Devel] Re: Suggestions

Tim Rightnour root at garbled.net
Mon Jul 1 13:22:32 CDT 2002

On 01-Jul-02 Todd Mitchell wrote:

      I do like the idea of different starting locations, especially since this

      will somewhat offset the aformentioned problem of having the maps used up so

      quickly.

I tried this on the mud.  2 things happened:

1) Players bitched because we didn't let them pick where they started.

2) We fixed it and everyone picked midgaard.

In the end, even with lots and lots of players.. everyone hangs out in the
center of midgaard to be social.  The fewer the players, the more pronounced
the effect.  IMHO, it was a monumental waste of time, because it took *forever*
to fix the maps up to be properly balanced for it to work, and then ~nobody
used it.

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net