[CF-Devel] Java Map Editor Bug

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Sat Jul 20 03:06:40 CDT 2002

      Mark W. wrote:

      A few other java editor related questions:

      1) Is it possible to rebind the mouse buttons (eg, left click does this,

          right click does that)?  Not that crossedit is the best model, but

          that is what click pattern I'm used to.  Maybe I'll just have to

     retrain

          my brain.

No, sorry - not yet possible to bind mouse buttons.
I know it's a bit uncomfortable to get used to different buttons.
My motivation to change patterns was this:
- left click is for selecting on most systems and apps
- middle click for deleting because it seems most unlikely to
  accidently click the middle button (just my personal opinion)
- right click for insertion as that button remains free

It was a bit tricky to get the buttons working for all systems,
including support for single-button-mice, and considering the
protocol for middle-button is wacky on some systems.
So I didn't really want to complicate things further by
allowing customized buttons.

      2) The types.txt has a pretty clear format.  Is there any mechanism to

          transition values?  For example, one of the recent changes was to

          add a gen_sp_armour field - the last_heal fields should get

     transitioned

          to that (the server map editor will do that automatically, so its not

     too

          big a deal to just leave it unchanged.  But it would be cool if the

     editor

          could fix these up also.

I didn't include tools to modify the types.txt file automatically.
However, I tried to keep the format as readable as possible, so
changes can be made without too much trouble of learning the format.

To change the mentioned armour field for example, works like this:
- Open types.txt and run a search for the armour type,
  "Brestplate Armour" that would be in this case I think.
- In the Armour type definitions, look for the attribute "last_heal"
  and change that into "gen_sp_armour". - Done.

Andreas

     http://www.gmx.net