[CF-Devel] CFEditor cleaning up

Michael Keuchen Michael.Keuchen at hamburg.de
Sat Jul 27 16:58:58 CDT 2002

Hi,

I downloaded the latest version of the CFJavaEditor and
did a bit of "cleaning up". This was necessary as there
was really a mess with configuration files, build files,
scripts, batch files and so on.
You can download my version from "

     http://crossfire.tabacha.de".

In particular, I made the following changes:

- new build file
     I have removed all old Makefiles, scripts, buildfiles,
     batch files, ... They are replaced by "build.xml" for ant
     for building the app and small scripts for starting.
- new packages for java sources
     According to naming conventions, I have moved the sources
     in a source directory and to the package
     "de.tabacha.crossfire.editor". I would have preferred
     "com.real-time.crossfire.editor", but "-" is not allowed
     in a package name.
- Changed project name to from CFJavaEditor to CFEditor
     Old name was a bit long-winded.
- Resources included in jar
     When building the jar, the resource files (icons, help
     files, default configuration files) are included. From
     comments in the source code, someone has earlier tried to do
     this and had problems. Can you check my changes, please?
- Separating the PNG support from the CFEditor code.
     Previously, the PNG source files were included in the
     repository. I downloaded the newest version from sixlegs.com;
     now it's used as a library.
- Support for two different distributions
     Either source files or the jar is included in a distribution
     package.
- No change in functionality and appearance of the program
- Changed version number from 0.975 to 0.976

Do you think this version can replace the older versions of the
CFEditor?

Michael Keuchen