[CF List] CFJavaEditor availability

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Fri Jul 19 05:01:55 CDT 2002

      Kevin R. Bulgrien wrote:

      > The links on crossfire.real-time.com for the CFJavaEditor are dead and

      > have been dead for a few weeks at least.

      > Does anyone know what the preferred way to get the CFJavaEditor is?

      > What's the scoop?

Uhm, yeah. I'm sorry - that is for the most part my fault.
I used to put the JavaEditor on my account at mids server.
Then mids suddenly had to close his server and I have no other
place to put it now. I'm just a poor student without a personal
webserver. Moreover, I'm very busy ATM and didn't have enough
time to deal with this problem.

I'm trying to get webspace at my university and put it there.
But that's gonna take me a while to set things up.
Besides, my university account won't be permanent either
(Gotta finish my studies someday and leave university...).

      An actual release for the editor that is on the normal download

      locations should probably be made.  The java editor is definately

      the replacement for crossedit.

That sounds good. The question is: Who rolls out the releases and
when? Maybe the easiest thing would be that whenever a CF
release is made, the JavaEditor gets packed and updated on the
dowload sites.
That means of course that the JavaEditor "releases" happen more
or less at random since the Editor- and CF-Code are indipendent.
Still, it provides a relyable download for the JavaEditor without
too much extra-work.

Andreas

     http://www.gmx.net