[CF-Devel] Change in equip method.

Tim Rightnour root at garbled.net
Sat Jun 8 09:49:25 CDT 2002

On 05-Jun-02 David Hurst wrote:

      If we could fix

      the problem at the root prevent people equiping weapons when using bows,

      we could start REALLY beefing up bows like they should be.

I can see not having the bow and weapon on at the same time, and the idea of
switching the bonuses in and out as you switch weapons is good, though I think
having a bow and shield is justifiable.  For example:

1) Many smaller crossbows were kept inside the shield arm to fire as a surprise
attack.

2) Lets say you saw a horde of orcs ahead, and decided to pick them off.  Many
archers would drive the point of thier shield into the ground and fire from
behind it, essentially giving them the armor bonus, at least to incoming fire.

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net

NetBSD: Free multi-architecture OS