[CF-Devel] non-suicide spellcasters

David Hurst dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Thu Mar 14 17:06:52 CST 2002

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 08:54:27AM -0800, Peter Mardahl wrote:

      To Andreas:  I think this is a good idea in general, and if it

      works out should benefit the game.  It's silly to have boss

      monsters self-destruct, as you've said.

I agree with the boss point, but might not someone want to create a map
where the moster is meant to kill itself sort of thing. IE a problem
like the Avatar of the Fire God, but where instead of solving it that
way, you have to wait for it to kill itself? (soz no spoiler here ;).

      To Tim:  monsters will still immolate each other, according to Andreas,

      and giving the poor monsters immunity to their own spells is pretty

      much what every mapmaker would have wanted.  They put monsters in

      the maps for players to fight and destroy, not to conveniently remove

      themselves without any effort on the part of the player.

In general it isn't a bad thing, but I would have thought a flag which
either turns on, or turns off monster immunity to itself, might be
useful?

dnh