[CF List] levels & exp

Scott Wedel scott at campy.tymnet.com
Thu Mar 28 12:58:58 CST 2002

     I don't agree here. Multiple experience models would cause way too

     much chaos. The experience model must be hardcoded

     and identical on all servers. Maps have to be designed after that

     *one* experience model. Players should also be able to get used

     to one model.

Why does map design care about exp model?  I'd think that maps are
designed to the player level and not the number of exp points.  The
exp model would only seem to enter a map design if the map design
expects a player to be gaining levels at particular points during the
map.

And if that is true which means that a player has not gained enough
levels part way through a particular map (or series of maps) to
reach completion which then forced character to leave and adventure
elsewhere to get strong enough to continue then maybe it wouldn't be
such a bad thing to have to see more of the world.

I certainly do not believe that the exp model must be hardcoded on all
servers.