[CF-Devel] Empty random maps, was: [CF-maps] smuggler quest broken

Rick Tanner leaf at real-time.com
Mon Nov 11 14:29:54 CST 2002

Could this have anything to do with the Monsters sleeping post over on
CF-Devel?

Initial post:

     http://mailman.real-time.com/pipermail/crossfire-devel/2002-October/003610.html

"What I see, is that areas that used to be packed end-to-end with
monsters, are now containing one or two, and a generator at the back of
the room. Someone on IRC mentioned that this is due to the monsters
sleeping, and blocking the generators."

Followup post:

     http://mailman.real-time.com/pipermail/crossfire-devel/2002-October/003622.html

"The bigger problem it solved is that monsters now sit still, so when you
get to the far side of a level (that isn't just a big chamber), the
monsters  are  still there, instead of all of them coming towards you at
the start of the  level."

"If an area is supposed to be packed full of monsters, then the map
maker should put those monsters in."

Just a thought...

- Rick Tanner

     leaf at real-time.com

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Preston Crow wrote:

      >> And I don't think the knight quest has been fixed in CVS yet.

      >  Just tried it out locally on my system (I'm presuming we're meaning the goblin

      >head quest) and it worked OK.

      >  However, there are perhaps issues with some of these maps - on an active

      >server, it is very possible that some of the world maps won't reset very often.

      It does work now, but the random levels are all essentially empty.  It used

      to be that they got progressively harder such that the last random level

      was about as difficult as the end map.