[CF-Devel] Sheep! (another patch - 2.2kb)

Flying Pedestrian emaillist+cfdev at dogphilosophy.net
Tue Nov 12 11:36:53 CST 2002

On Tuesday 12 November 2002 01:32 am, Tim Rightnour wrote:

      On 12-Nov-02 Flying Pedestrian wrote:

      > Okay, got no idea if I did this right, so if somebody could put some of

      > these critters on a map somewhere and check them out, let me know how

      > they work.

      So I like the leg, and the sheepskin isn't bad.  but the sheep is drawn in

      the wrong style.  The sheep is more of the classic style, than the base

      style we've been trying to move towards, or use.

     [...]
Curses, you've discovered my "secret" - I'm not a particularly good artist.

I'll see what I can do with it, though.  If I can manage to fix it up, I'll
leave the original one and just rename it (sheep.clsc.131.png, etc.) and
add the fixed one in its place.

     [...] Whereas your

      leg, definately has that wierd 3d effect I spoke of.

Of course, that's because I just modified the already made "food" graphic
to make it... :-)

I did do the sheepskin from scratch, though.  I think I can tune it up a
bit with a few simple modifications.
[...]

      Also.. in the interest of gore.. you might add liver and heart to the sheep

      treasures.  If you do a goat.. it will definately need a head part, for

      those evil rituals.

      You know.. a good brain bodypart might be kinda funny..

....hmmmm, and with the new skill/alchemy system going in, a vital piece
needed for making pet golems...(I say "pet golems" to distinguish them from
"manual control golems" e.g. the "summon golem" spells.)

Perhaps the new system could do something with "body-type = pet golem type"
and "brain type = pet behavior" (e.g. sheep-brain = unagressive pet...)

Good idea, actually.  I'll come up with a couple of additional bodypart
treasures.