[CF-Devel] #define's that I want to just kill outright

Tim Rightnour root at garbled.net
Tue Nov 12 19:33:53 CST 2002

I've been working on cleaning up some of the gigantic maze of #ifdefs that
litter the code today.  While doing so, I hit a number of #defines I think
should just go away entirely, and become default.

 * ALCHEMY - enables alchemy code
 * FULL_RING_DESCRIPTION - makes rings abilities show in inventory window
 * USE_SWAP_STATS - allows stat swapping for new characters
   SHOP_LISTINGS - does this even work?
  NO_AUTO_SKILL_SWITCH: /* To be removed soon (setable by player) */
/* IF this is set, then the range type will not switch to skill when
 * you use a melee weapon - this better emulates pre-skill code.
 */
  WALL_CREDIT: players earn exp for killing with summon fog.
 * NO_CONE_PROPOGATE - makes cone spells stop at the first monster
 * USE_LIGHTING - enable light/darkness & light sources

I'd like to get rid of these, and any more people can think of that I've
missed.  I'm working on converting some of the other ones to settings.. but
these seem rediculous.  Does *anyone* fiddle with these?

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net

NetBSD: Free multi-architecture OS