[CF-Devel] #define's that I want to just kill outright

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Wed Nov 13 02:28:35 CST 2002

Tim Rightnour wrote:

      I've been working on cleaning up some of the gigantic maze of #ifdefs that

      litter the code today.  While doing so, I hit a number of #defines I think

      should just go away entirely, and become default.

       * ALCHEMY - enables alchemy code

  Can't see a reason not to have this (if DM thought it was really abusive,
could just have an empty formula file).

       * FULL_RING_DESCRIPTION - makes rings abilities show in inventory window

  Description out of date - really means full ring abilities are sent to the
client.  Can't see much reason not to make this standard.  If not, this should
certainly be a player config option.

       * USE_SWAP_STATS - allows stat swapping for new characters

  Different topic of redoing entire character creation scheme.  As it stands
now, I don't know if anyone does not use this on their server - I would hope
that isn't the case, as it would just mean the player doing more rolls for them
to get their character.

         SHOP_LISTINGS - does this even work?

  Only define I see for this is in init.c, so probably doesn't do anything/built
in now.  I _think_ I may have written that back in the day were almost any new
feature was put in with a #ifdef in case it was buggy.  The code is the shop
menus in the shops, so it works, but the define isn't needed anymore.

        NO_AUTO_SKILL_SWITCH: /* To be removed soon (setable by player) */

      /* IF this is set, then the range type will not switch to skill when

       * you use a melee weapon - this better emulates pre-skill code.

       */

  Not sure on that one.  It really depends on what server admins are using.

        WALL_CREDIT: players earn exp for killing with summon fog.

  Didn't even realize that exists.

       * NO_CONE_PROPOGATE - makes cone spells stop at the first monster

  It works, I don't know if anyone uses it - makes things a lot more difficult
for spellcasters.

       * USE_LIGHTING - enable light/darkness & light sources

  should be standard.