[CF-Devel] #define's that I want to just kill outright

Rick Tanner leaf at real-time.com
Thu Nov 14 18:08:30 CST 2002

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Tim Rightnour wrote:

      On 13-Nov-02 Mark Wedel wrote:

      >>   NO_AUTO_SKILL_SWITCH: /* To be removed soon (setable by player) */

      >   Not sure on that one.  It really depends on what server admins are using.

      it defaults to on.  I'd be amazed if anyone ever shuts it off.

      >>  * NO_CONE_PROPOGATE - makes cone spells stop at the first monster

      >   It works, I don't know if anyone uses it - makes things a lot more

      > difficult for spellcasters.

For a very short time, NO_CONE_PROPOGATE was enabled on Metalforge and it
was extremely difficult and annoying.  It weakend cone spells to the point
of being useless.  Okay, enough ranting - I think this option should be
disabled, all cone spells should propogate.

<snip>

      Also on my list are:

      USE_CHECKSUM

      MAP_RESET

      MULTIPLE_GODS

      IMHO, those should go away, and just be left at the defaults, on.

I agree.

Since garbled is coding in leaps and bounds, perhaps we can get feedback
or decision on this by 20-Nov-2002 ?

- Rick Tanner

     leaf at real-time.com