[CF-Devel] New Skill System (Draft)

Tim Rightnour root at garbled.net
Wed Nov 20 02:01:56 CST 2002

On 20-Nov-02 Johnny Shelley wrote:

      The main problem is in how to deal with the magic system and schools. I

      will post one system as a follow up to this thread and Tim will post a

      second view. We leave it to the list members to decide on which method

      is the preferred route.

My idea, is to break each of the magic paths into it's own skill, and leave the
concepts of attuned/repelled alone.

In this way, Fire magic would be it's own skill.  So when you learned, and cast
a fire spell, it would contribute exp to the fire path, and your casting level
would be your level in the fire path.

I don't have a big chart like cryo does.. as I don't think I'm ready to even
think about assigning values to each skill yet, however under my idea, I would
basically have to sit down and look at each spell path:

1) Paths that have no method of gaining experience, would either have to be
combined with other paths, or dealt with in some other manner.

2) Some paths have only 2-3 spells in them.  These paths are likely going to
need to be combined with other paths, to keep them from being totally worthless
vs the cost to purchase.

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net