[CF List] New experience system on metalforge

Frank Muzzulini muzz at albatross.pond.sub.org
Sun Oct 6 15:59:15 CDT 2002

A month ago or so, metalforge.real-time.com started to use a new
expierence code. I guess some of you might have tried it yet and I
think it's time to start discuss it now. I don't know if it is even an
official experiment (I just joined this list yesterday), but I think
changing this code would be a good idea in anyway, though I dislike
the version I found on metalforge.

First why do I think it should change? Well the current code is stupid
for two reasons. First you need 900k exp to get from level 19 to 20 and
1600k to get from 100 to 101, which make you get levels ever faster,
the farer you are and second the limit of 107 for a single skill is
artifical.

Now how is it on metalforge: Now you need more and more exp to get to
new levels, until you reach level 100 at nearly 1 billion exp, then
for some strange reason you are 110 in no time. At the same time
however you notice that single skills max out at 350 million and level
79. Now 79 is surely as artificial as it was before and it is a sever
downgrade for expierenced high level chars. Not to forget level 79
physical let's you use only 20 weapon enhancements, so many of us
won't be able to use their personal weapons any more.

My suggestion for the new system is the following: Let the 350 million
(which are mostly fixed by the fact that 6*350 million is nearly 2^31)
be enough to reach level 100 and a good deal more to reach 110
overall. Additionally add one to the weapon enhancements you can use
at start, so that the max level gives 26 enhancements again.

What do you think?

        Puff

--
Puff, the magic (ancient electricity) dragon
(alias Anvil, the Berserker Orc)