[CF List] New experience system on metalforge

Joel South joel at mamia.prninfo.com
Tue Oct 8 08:51:33 CDT 2002

        I note that the level 79 max for skills isn't truly a limit - it is only a

      limit if you want 6 skills maxed out.  If you decide to purely focuse on one

      skill, you can get it to level 110.  If you split your exp between 2 skills,

      they both can be 100.  Split between three skills is level 93.

        I will also note that if your purely focus on one skill and make it level 109,

      you can still get all your other skills to level 55 or so.

        I personally do not have any problem with those restrictions - this new system

      forces you to put some focus on your character.  Do you want to be the best

      fighter in the world?  Fine, but your not going to be the best magician at the

      same time.

    And what about the personality, agility, and mental skills? Those will be thrown to
the side even more than they were before... I was training my character's personality
catagory, but now I'm not so sure... I'll just end up weaker than everyone else if I do.
Maybe this isn't to big of a deal to most, but I had fun training those other skills.
However, I'd much rather be as strong as I can be.

        At some point, weapons you can use, number enchantments, and all that is going

      to get redone.  No matter what skill you focus on, you sort of need to be able

      to get improved weapons - this also discourages focusing on one skill (basically

      means everyone needs physical simply to be able to enchant their weapons).  At

      some point, the item power stuff will get balanced out, and you'll perhaps be

      able to enhant more than just your weapon, but you will have some limit on what

      you can equip based on the total item power of your items.

        Thus, you could make a really awesome enchanted weapon, but if you want to use

      it, your not going to be able to wear all your other awesome items at the same time.

      crossfire-list at lists.real-time.com