[CF List] New experience system on metalforge

Frank Muzzulini muzz at albatross.pond.sub.org
Tue Oct 8 13:33:28 CDT 2002

Mark Wedel <

     mwedel at sonic.net

     > writes:

        I don't know why going from level 100 to 110 should be really

      quick - that is an oddity - the curve keeps getting steeper at those

      levels, so it shouldn't happen.

Well, fact is that Puff on metalforge is now 110 with currently 1075M
exp, while I remember him to be 99 with around 960M

        I note that the level 79 max for skills isn't truly a limit - it

      is only a limit if you want 6 skills maxed out.  If you decide to

      purely focuse on one skill, you can get it to level 110.  If you

      split your exp between 2 skills, they both can be 100.  Split

      between three skills is level 93.

That is simply not what I found on metalforge. I just went to heaven
for some minutes to raise my wisdom skill and again I found that I can
not raise it beyond 350M/lvl79, although my other skills are quite
behind.

In spite of Joel however, I really like what you describe for two
reasons. First this makes high level characters differ much more than
they do now. Second it make alchemy less abusive, since do don't
usually want mental skills take too much of a share. I surely will
drive dex quite far however, because I like to be able to disarm any
trap and steal from tough monsters. And some of these maniacs will
surely max out personality, just to be able to get on everybody elses
nerves with their cool pets again...

        Puff/Anvil

--
  ___  Frank Muzzulini
 <*,*>  ... until the colour of a man skin is of no more